Monday, April 2, 2012

Bunnies and Buses


I have some amazing friends. Yes, I know, I really have friends. Lol

But I have some really fun friends. They’re Monkeys. Well, they are Code Monkeys. They write games. Games for Facebook and in the future, maybe for Android and iPhones. Sweet.

Well, this last weekend they got together, Code Monkeys from different companies and different areas of expertise to participate in Moly Jam 2012. This is where a bunch of Code Monkeys get together and spend 48 hours crunching banana chips and writing code to make a new game.

In the span of 48 hours, they write a new game. A playable game. And my guys wrote a cute game involving little bunny clones from space. These maniacal little fur balls are seriously evil. They are trying to keep commuters from making their bus. Now, as a bus commuter, if some little fluffy cutey-pie bunny wants to keep me off of my commuter bus, I’d be all for it. But I digress.

Here’s a link to the Bunnies and Buses info page:


Go check out what I consider the best game of the weekend. A group of very talented gentlemen worked on this game who are now exhausted but thrilled with their product. I can’t seem to get past level 5 but it’s just a blast. Place bunnies in the path of the commuters and watch them suck the carrots (the commuters’ payment to ride the bus) from the commuters. If the poor commuters don’t have enough carrots to ride the bus they can’t get on. Your Fur-Filled mission is to keep them off the bus. Now, as your carrots accumulate, you can upgrade your bunnies. Their circle radius of destruction gets bigger and they can grab more carrots.

It’s a blast. A total blast and my hope is that these busy men find the time to make it Android ready. Hell, I’d download it.

Have a great night. Code Monkeys…you guys deserve bunches and bunches of bananas. And hugs, lots of hugs. I <3 you guys!!

Smoochies

No comments: