Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weird or Just Right


People say I am weird. Bah. People say I’m nuts. Whatever. I am an individual. I am a “what you see is what you get” type of person. I no longer change my opinion to be liked by others. I've been called a bitch and I guess that is their opinion. I just don't give in to others. 

I have neon green nails with glitter, thank-you-very-much. I have green apple gummi bear ear buds for my iPod that is wrapped in a 1959 Sleeping Beauty-Princess Aurora Skin. I love funky watches and I am a huge geek. Oh, and the funkier and weirder the earrings? I’ll wear them. Hell, I have bloodied zombie skeleton hand earrings…I love them. And yes, I wear these things to work. 

I love to watch my kids play video games. I love to play board games but I love a good amusement park. I am a Disney freak and I love Star Tours.

I listen to weird music. I like all sorts. I list to JPop with my kids, Journey, classical, rock, blues, R&B. I am seriously eclectic. 

I am a Dragon trapped in a Human body. Seriously. Ask my kids. I love dragons. Not the grizzly, morbid, scary ones, but the thoughtful, don’t-touch-my-books-or-treasure types. I have an inner dragon that I call my inner bitch. Be careful if you let her out, because she doesn’t go back into her box easily. However, I am actually fairly even tempered. I don’t sweat the small stuff. I don’t concern myself with the things I cannot change. I do not have a time machine in my pocket. I learn from my mistakes and I move on.

I enjoy reading and crafting. I like to crochet when my hands allow it and I like to sew.

I play Dungeons & Dragons, love watching people play 40K, and like silly video games like Jak & Daxter, Cat in the Hat, and Spyro. I’m not great at them, but I like them.

I watch anime and read webcomics. Currently, I love Diesel Sweeties, Ends N Means, and Girls with Slingshots. (See links.) I am waiting (un)patiently for a Kurtis plushie from Ends N Means but I know that will come eventually. I have a Doom Kitty Glow-in-the-Dark T-shirt and watch Star Trek, Star Wars, and Big Bang Theory.

If this makes me a geek or weird, then I will wear those labels with pride. Because if that also means you have an unconditional friend, a shoulder to weep on, a Human Dragon to fight battles with you, and someone to laugh with? Then, as my daughter says, Hells Yeah I’m a weird geek.

As Popeye would say, "I yam what I yam." LOL

No comments: